Tuesday 15 February 2011

Something about global warming

  Last Tuesday I went to visit the department of environment, and had a conversation with Dr. Rob Marchant.
  We mainly talked about the environmental geography, the environmental economy and the environmental management.
  As somebody asked about the issue of global warming, the topic turned to this issue.
  In the opinion of professor, global warming is real, and carbon dioxide contribute the most to the global warming. He also showed some data and charts to us to prove his own opinion.
  About global warming, I am always in doubt.
  At the Zhejiang University, three of my classmates and I are doing a research about global warming, which is called the Student Research Training Program.
  At first, I deeply believe that global warming is true, due to the media publicity and school education, but later I read some articles about the topic that global warming is a big lie on the Internet, and our teacher also told us that people who claim the global warming are not meteorologists, but most are politicians. This truth may reflect something.
  Last summer I worked in the meteorological administration of my county. Last summer, the days whose temperatures were over 30 degrees Celsius broke the historical records which may prove the fact-global warming to a certain extent. But this winter in our county was especially cold. And in this world, not every place suffers from the global warming.
  In my opinion, the global warming may be a lie because it is not correct that all the places around the world is getting warmer and warmer. The truth is that the weather is becoming more and more extreme probably.
I put forward this doubt to the professor, the professor explained that, according to data displayed, in recent years, the weather is becoming hotter and hotter, and it is not like the situation in the past times that the weather became hotter and then colder and then hotter and then colder again
  Global warming is a controversial topic of nature, however, I still prefer the opinion that the global warming is a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment