Monday 14 February 2011

Edinburgh!

  Last weekend, we had a trip to Edinburgh. Edinburgh was wonderful, especially in the gloomy weather. Under the heavy clouds, Edinburgh was just like a mystery waiting us to explore. I felt that I was walking in the picture and forgot that I lived at what times, only the shops along the Princess Street and the prosperous breath reminding me that it was not a dream. Edinburgh is ancient but modern, which means that the city compare modern with ancient perfectly. However, in China, it is maybe difficult to find such a place.
  After settled, we went out for dinner and did some shopping in the Princess Street. We walked, walked, and walked. Then we reached the top of Edinburgh, where the Edinburgh Castle stood in. We enjoyed the night scenery by overlooking the whole Edinburgh which was full of light. As we walked back along the Royal Mile, we found there were many bars and every bar was full of people who were very excited. There were no seats available in these bars!
  Because of coming back too early to the hotel, we decided to go to a bar and taste the whiskey which is one of the most famous things in Edinburgh. Finally, we found a nice bar with good seats. The seats were just in the corner. We could see the rainy Edinburgh, also could see the distant Edinburgh Castle through the glass. Outside, it was a quiet night, however, inside ,it was a noisy world. I quite enjoyed the opposite feelings. We ordered whiskey, beer and so on. In my opinion, whiskey did not taste good, I prefer the Baileys Irish Cream, maybe because I didn’t like drinking alcohol. People in the bars were friendly and we all enjoyed the night very much.
  In fact, my parents don’t allow me to go to the bars. In the UK, I have tried two pubs, although I am not interested in drinking, I like pubs, especially together with a lot of friends.
It is a pity that I forgot to take some pictures about the bar in Edinburgh. The following photo were taken in the pub in York~


No comments:

Post a Comment