Tuesday 15 February 2011

My host family

  Having already stayed in York for 25 days, there are only a few days left and then I will come back to China. I exactly know what the sentence “Time flies” means.
  During the past 25 days, Chopour and I lived happily with our host family. I think it must be the final time to write down something about my host family.


  I live in the house where is probably 30 minutes walking far away from the university. It is not very big, but is very sweet and decorated beautifully whose style I really love.
  There are only two people and one dog in my host family. The host father is called Fred, and the host mother is called Pearl. Besides, there is a lovely white dog called Dougie who is very friendly to us even at the first sight. Fred and Pearl treat us as daughters. If it rains in the morning before we go to school, Fred will drive us to school which moves us a lot. And last night, Pearl told us lots of things about the care home for old people and some policies about old people in UK which are very useful to our project. Although we go to the university every day, and every weekend we will go out for travel, communication between us is not so much, we get along well with them.

  I like small animals very much, especially lovely animals. Dougie is really lovely and bring us a lot of fun. Now every evening when we come back home, Dougie will be excited and give us a warm welcome, no matter how tired he is. He likes to touch human beings and like to play with us, Sometimes he maybe naughty, so we called him “a naughty boy”.Haha~ Every day playing with Dougie for a while seems to become my homework.
  There are only four days left. In the first several days, I felt homesick, but now, I love the life here, and even want to stay for more days which is impossible. I'll never forget this beautiful place, never forget the life here for 29 days that we walk along the Hull Road to the university every day, never forget Pearl, Fred and Dougie who take care of us for 29 days.
  If I had a chance, I would come back. I would walk along the Hull Road to the University of York, have a trip to the city centre or to the outlet and come to visit my host family.I really appreciate that they give us the comfortable environment and the wonderful memories which are very precious.

1 comment: